About The BuffTutor Program
Founded in 2009 by a couple of graduate students with a passion for teaching, the BuffTutor Program has rapidly grown into a fast and effective tutor referral service. By the Spring of 2011, with over 50 tutors on our roster, we were able to help over 200 students find tutors in less than 24 hours. Most of our tutors are graduate and undergraduate students at CU Boulder studying Math, Science and Engineering. In the past year, we have added a few Economics, Foreign Languages, Writing and Liberal Arts tutors. As we continue to grow, so does the list of courses we can offer.
Why choose the BuffTutor Program?
(Scroll down for services provided to tutors)
Services For Students
For students, we provide:
- The best, most awesome tutors EVER! - All of our tutors are interviewed to evaluate not only their academic achievements, but also their teaching ability. We also ask our students to evaluate their tutors to ensure that we maintain only the best tutors on our roster.
- Tutors who fit YOUR budget and YOUR schedule – Our tutors offer their services at rates starting as low as $15/hr. Please take a moment to search our tutor database for the right tutor for you, and when you submit a tutor request, simply tell us who you want to work with. Each tutor's profile includes:
- the tutor's academic and teaching accomplishments
- reviews from previous students
- calendars displaying their availability
- Rapid tutor referrals – We understand that you need help NOW. On average, we are able to match a student with a tutor in the first 12-24 hours.
- A satisfaction guarantee – Periodically, you will be asked to evaluate your tutor’s performance. If you are not satisfied with your tutor’s performance in the first session, you will receive a full refund. If you were originally happy with your tutor, but his/her performance declines, you may terminate the use of that tutor and receive a partial refund for the last hour of the last tutor session.
- Online tutor session management services - On our website, each student will have an account where he/she will be able to easily view a summary of all tutor sessions that have occurred, payments made and charges applied.
- A quick and easy way to submit payments - We do require an UPFRONT payment before a student will be allowed to meet with a tutor (this protects our students as they can easily receive a refund if they are unsatisfied with their tutor's performance). A student may pay upfront for sessions one at a time or multiple sessions at a time. We do require that you pay for your session a day in advance. With our online tools, you will easily be able to keep track of your payments and charges applied to tutor sessions. At the end of the semester, or when you decide to end your tutor sessions, you will receive a full refund for any unused prepaid tutor sessions. Payments can be submitted by:
- Credit / Debit Card
- Check / Cash – (instructions will be sent to students who join our program)
*** Feel free to browse through the links under the “BuffTutor Students” section and see how easy it is to keep track of your sessions and payments.
Services For Tutors
For tutors, we provide student referral, management and billing services:
- Referrals - One of the most difficult aspects of tutoring is finding enough students. We take care of all the marketing, and once we’ve found the right student, our tutors simply receive an e-mail with that student’s contact information.
- Management - Use our online managing tools to document and keep track of all your tutor sessions, and to view a summary of all payments.
- Billing - Students are required to pay us upfront for tutor sessions. This eliminates the risk of meeting with a student and not getting paid for your services. After a deduction (a payment for our services), you will receive a payment every 2 weeks for your work. NOTE: If a student is unsatisfied with your performance, you risk not getting paid.
Apply to become a tutor today!